Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 in review...

Finally. Last day of the year, 2006. It had been a great year, much had happened, and in review, I thank my God for all the provisions, the protections, the guidance, the favor, the blessings.......

The year started with great excitment. The new flat was a blessing more evident than any others. The renovation though delayed was very well done to much satisfaction. It was a real comfort to be able to sit and rest at the new home.

The decision to quit my job was a milestone, a major decision, but was also made with peaceful rest knowing He would guide and provide. He had not been slack at this.

The reminder of His protection was offered constantly echoed in Psalm 91 which was read and sung many times. It is also there that had seen me through the flu, the fever, the toothaches, treatments,...... and he reminds me, that as He had watched over the children of Israel in the deserts, so has he watched over me, his beloved, even as we sleeps.

The faith itself is no longer one of a relationship with God, but a fellowship with Him. Not only is He a loving God, but also a God of restoration, giving divine strength and renewals.

How can I forget His benefits towards me! I yearn to look, farther from self and close to Christ.

Indeed, we have been blessed in 2006 with more good things than what our eyes had seen.

How do we praise Him!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Church service was at indoor stadium again this week. It's great to see the whole church together, supposedly it's more than 14,000 congregation now?


Pastor's message have always been heart-warming. Matthews 6 - God knows we have need for the material things, but seek first the kingdom of God and all these will be added to us. God had promised us grace for the day, one day at a time. Just as he had provided the manna for the children of Israel, He will provide for us. And even for their Sabbath, God gave them a double portion of manna, good manna that does not breed worms. Learn to rest in God's goodness. Year 2007, would be, and we decree it, to us, a year of rest. And what would I to see in 2007? Yes, a special someone? A fulfilling job? A healthy and glad contenance? My God is so good!


1 Kings 5:4 - But now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side; there is neither adversary nor evil occurence.

No comments: