Friday, December 15, 2006

Tired, but I have been enriched.

It was another tiring, but really enriching day.

As I prayed shortly around the tree, my thoughts goes towards the children in these poorer communities. Indeed, we have been so blessed in Singapore that many of us do not know what is the hunger, poverty and despair that these children have to face daily. The donation for a gift this season is but only a short relief, but I am sure it will bring them hope, and I can imagine the joy that is so simple and pure, that glows from their heart to the beaming smile on their face.

And I believe it is not only myself who thinks so. The kindness and compassion shown by the generosity of people who paused to listen and gave.... these acts of donating is the least we can do for these children. And I have seen it many times today.... the young man who is already a child-sponsor, ticked almost every item in the list of gifts for the children, then there's a few, mostly couples, who after a brief discussion between themselves came back and donated, and there's the young lady who wanted to find out more about how she too can volunteer her time, also, there's the lady who signed up for sponsoring a child, and also left with a word of encouragement for us. That really brightens my day. And, even a few students who wanted to give something but could not afford to,... well, I am sure their love and thoughts for the children is just as valuable as any gifts money can buy.

I was tired,...... but I have been enriched.

No comments: