Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Awesome God

It was only last week that while browsing a book at a Christmas fair at Amara, I came across a probing question on the diety of Christ while He was on the cross bearing our sins. I had never been bothered by such questions but as I flipped thru the book, the question jumped out at me. Was he still the righteous and holy God when He bearing our sins on cross at Calvary? I pondered but soon brushed it aside.

The answer to the question came sooner than I would expect. Pastor touched on this briefly last Sunday. He came in the likeness of sinful flesh. Likeness is,... just simply likeness. It's not "as". I think God takes time in every details in our life. Even that passing thought registers in His eyes and He does not hesitate to reach out. What an awesome God!

For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,......

~ Romans 8:3

No comments: