Thursday, December 21, 2006

Touching words, touching lifes

Great men of God, and verses that gave them the strength to do what they did.....

Martin Luther - The just shall live by faith. (Habakkuk 2:4)

Hugh Latimer - This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. (1 Timothy 1:15)

William Tyndale - We love him, because he first loved us. (1 John 4:19)

John knox - And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. (John 17:3)

Oliver Cromwell - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:13)

Blaise Pascal - For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water. (Jeremiah 2:13)

John Bunyan - Him that cometh to me I will no wise cast out. (John 6:37)

John Wesley - Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. (1 Timothy 1:15)

George Whitefield - Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. (John 3:3)

John Newton - And thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman... and that the Lord thy God redeemed thee. (Deuteronomy 15:15)

William Carey - Lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes; for thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited. (Isaiah 54:2-3)

Thomas Chalmers - Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved. (Acts 16:31)

Adoniram Judson - To comprehend.... what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ. (Ephesians 3:18-19)

David Livingston - Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. (Matthew 28:20)

Catherine Booth - My grace is sufficient for thee. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

John G. Paton - Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. (Matthew 28:20)

James Hudson Taylor - When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished; and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost. (John 19:30)

Charles Spurgeon - Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth. (Isaiah 45:22)

Charles Chalmers - And the spirit and the Bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosover will, let him take the water of life freely. (Revelation 22:17)





No comments: