Monday, December 18, 2006

Glittering Christmas

It is really getting to feel very much like Christmas now. But I really hate the chill. The rain continued from morning, the whole afternoon and into the evening. ahhhh..... a glittering christmas tree at Bugis.

hmmm.... the biography of James Hudson Taylor - The Finished Work of Christ". Wonder where I can get hold of it. His favourite Bible text is => "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost" (John 19:30).

I like specially the hymn that Hudson Taylor quotes:

Nothing either great or small,
Nothing, sinner, no;
Jesus did it, did it all,
Long, long ago.

"It is finished!" yes, indeed,
Finished every jot;
Sinner, this is all you need;
Tell me, is it not?

Cast your deadly doing down,
Down at Jesus' feet;
Stand in Him, in Him alone,
Gloriously complete.

The book I was reading is a compilation of sermons by Dr Frank W. Boreham. Each passage tells of one of the great people involved in God's work and their favourite bible text. I have heard about James Hudson Taylor before, but have never fully understood what gave him the motivation and drive to do such a great and tremendous work in China. This passage gave me at least, a glimpse on this.

No comments: