Tuesday, December 5, 2006

A 2% discount!

A 2% discount! They actually gave me a two percent discount on my bill!

For once, I had cleared out nicely most of the foodstuff in the fridge. Time to restock. A short trip to the Fairprice supermart and the bill came up to $22.77 but can you imagine, they actually gave me a 2% discount on the total bill! I couldn't believe it! And the discount entry read as..... 2% Elderly! It's 50 cents off on the total bill, but what strike me is that I am now classified as amongst the elderly!

The initial emotion was one of disbelief and followed by a sense of sobering feeling, even as the truth sinks in. They have grouped me into this classification of being the elderly. lolz......... I must keep this receipt for a nice keepsake! On the positive side, this is timely with the impending increase in GST. Isn't this nice? My God is really watching out and taking care of me.

I shared with an ex-collegue on this and he remembered that this discount was given out only on Tuesdays. Well, he said he didn't really bothered about this but it's worth remembering now. He will reschedule himself to get his groceries done on Tuesdays from now on.

No comments: