Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My Bible text

If you ask me, which is my bible text, without doubt it would be :

Romans 5:8 - "But God commended His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

This is one of the many verses in the Bible that tells us about God's love towards us. It had kept me company all these years. In those times of despair, it had kept me going. In those times of victory, it had multiplied my joy. In those times of loniness, it kept me company. In all those times, it had reminded me of God's great love and grace towards us.

How good is God to me! No, not because of my goodness, my worth, but that inspite of my sinfulness, my unworthiness, His love still reaches out to me. In that great act of taking my place on the cross, He had save me. Indeed, we can never comprehend, nor fathom the depths of His love. How could He, the creator, the one who flung the stars into their places, the one who paints the morning light on the canvas of heavens, the one who adorns the flowers of the fields with the tender dew, how could He........... chose to take my place!

1 John 4:10 - In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

His amazing grace, my eternal gratefulness! How I love Him.

1 John 4:19 - We love Him, because He first loved us.

He will always be my God!

No comments: