Monday, May 7, 2007

A roller coaster ride

The past 2 weeks was like a roller coaster ride. Really don't know how I managed, but I got my blood test done on 25 Apr, one week after that earlier visit to the doctor.

The second visit to the polyclinic on 3 May was a bad experience. She was a trainee lady doctor, under supervision by one of the more senior doctor. It was more of a messed up consultation, but anyway, the conclusion was that my blood pressure is still high, 160/100, while the blood test results shows I have borderline high cholesterol level. I should have asked for a printed report. She asked me to go on diet but without explaining what is a suitable diet. Suppose to have another blood test in 3-4 mths time.... isn't that a bit too long time away? The senior doctor said no medication is required now. Sigh~ I went away not feeling any better or assured on what was my ailment.

By chance, one of my friend who is into this health supplement marketing thingie arranged for a meeting. Decided to do another cholesterol test with them. The reading was a high total of 223 with 39/173 HDL vs LDL. Well, I guess I definitely will need to work on reducing the high cholesterol level. Signed up for their 90 day money back program. It should do me good, nevermind the breathlessness I feel now or the high blood pressure readings. I will get a clearer picture in 2 mths time.

The breathlessness went away, and came back, and strangely seems to appear without cause. But it appears to get better. And somehow, I seems to get very tired. I am quite sure it was because of that bad can of fruit cocktail. Could it be the symptom that my body is fighting hard with the virus/germs that is still remaining? But it's more than 3 weeks since that stupid mistake of eating that cup of "whatever-had-happened-to-it-fruitcocktail". Perplexed!

And my spiritual faith is really taking a roller coaster ride. When it comes down to facing the battle all alone in the dark of the night, it really calls on a strong and unwavering faith. I guess it's a spiritual battle that had left me with scars. Will I emerge stronger in my faith and trust in God?

Pastor's message exhort us to have a change of our mindset, to have a sound mind that focuses on the Peace and Faith that Jesus gave us. Hope, a confidence expectation of good. Jesus' redemption of us starts at the garden when he sweats drops of blood from his head. He also bore for us a crown of thorns, redeeming us from the curse of the fall, and he was crucified at Calvary, or Golgotha, a skull of deadly thoughts.

He also reminded us of that God gives us sufficient grace for the day, not for tomorrow or next week. Yes, His grace is sufficient to see me through today, one day at a time.

I will rest in Him.

No comments: