Saturday, May 12, 2007

30-folds, 60-folds and a 100-folds.

It was somewhat worrying for the past week. Despite my symptoms, the doctor had not prescibed any medication. I was really perplexed as to what is the cause of the faster than usual heartbeat.

Feeling rather breathless again on Wed morning, I decided to drop by the neighbourhood clinic again. The BP measurement was a high of 160/100. The doctor on duty decided to give me medication for high-blood pressure. Half a tablet to be taken daily. Now I am really worried. Would it be medication for life from now on? Well, he said to review again in a month's time.

The three days that followed were a blurr. I was feeling lethargy for greater part of the day. Decided to spend the nights at my mum's place as a precaution. The BP reading dropped drastically to 99/65 on occasions. The breathlessness continued, but was it due to the medication? I find it even tiring to walk the distance to the MRT station!

Decided to stop the medication on Friday morning and see the doctor again. Well, he agreed that I should stop it for a week and monitor to see if the BP continues to climb. Perhaps a quarter of a tablet might do. I prefer not at all.

Second day now, without the medication. Generally, I seems to be getting better. The BP reading is now about 110/76 and climbing (I better monitor the reading carefully). The breathlessness does not occur so often and the discomfort seems somewhat related to stomach gases. Was it actually gastric related? I don't know. But I believe I am on the mend now. A 30-folds, the 60-folds improvement.... to a 100-folds recovery.

It's a battle of faith now. But really, I have so little faith. But let me rely on the author and finisher of my faith - Jesus. His words for us is always, "fear not".

No comments: