Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Just some thoughts....

This recent episode of uncertainty over my health has its good. At least, it sets me thinking. In which areas?

First - how much I appreciated my family. I had stayed over at my mum's place for some 2 weeks during the times when I felt real bad. It's during those days that I really really felt the closeness and importance of family. Who else would be there for you beside them?

Second - how much I regretted those past years when I was so caught up with work and my own personal life that I neglected my family, my mum. Where was I when my mum felt sick at home? Where was I when my mum herself faced the uncertainty in her health? Its a regret that I will never be able to make up.

Third - while personal time and space is treasured, but I guess I will have to forego some of these. I decided to let out one of my room now so that at least there is someone else around the house. Of course there's the monetary benefit to it, but that's not the main issue. The new tenant would be moving in by 1 Jun. A young man, from Shanghai and working in one of the logistic company. Hope this would be good company.

Fourth - having been so caught up with worklife in the past years, many of my old friends had sort of drifted apart. I guess it's time to link up and bond again these precious people who had once shared my life.

Fifth - perhaps it's time to reassess my life goals and directions. The evening study is getting more and more interesting, and my volunteering hours for the 2 afternoons are satisfying. But I guess I am still having too much of free time now?

Sixth - looking back, I know I did not have the strong enough faith to say that I trusted God totally. It was easy to praise God and have faith when things goes well. But, despite the years of sitting under the good teaching of pastor, who had helped me to build up much faith in God, I would say that it's not easy when you see and felt the symptoms in your body. I am glad, that at the end of it all, the Lord is still my God.

Well, there are some things I had purposed to do right now:
  • whenever possible, to go to my mum's place for dinner and occasionally stay over. It's also quite some time since I last had time with the few nieces and nephews. Wonder when they would next visit at my mum's place.
  • start contacting and corresponding with those precious friends that I would want to cherish.
  • be more active in joining some activity groups and make more friends. The group of weekend cyclists at the park connector had been bugging me to get a cycle and join them. Well, maybe I might do that.
These are simple enough things to start with..... :)

No comments: