Friday, January 5, 2007

Firstfruits.....

The links and ties from the old work place still remains.

A few of the guys from the user's department were in the neighbourhood this morning, so we arranged to meet up over morning coffee. Kinda last minute arrangements, but no problem with that. Other collegues from my department SMSed to ask if I would like to join them for lunch at the clubhouse. Well, it's Friday and everyone's more relaxed for the coming weekend. It was afterall, a relatively short week, but there's going to be much catch up, especially hearing about the changes in some areas as well as 1 or 2 more resignations in the department. But it's a rather rushed schedule, so I gave that a pass. Have to do some practice with the brush this afternoon.

***

Bible study, Pastor taught again.... but virtually, lolz.... the recording of yesterday's study. Well, wouldn't really complain as it made no difference to us seated at the 6th floor auditorium.

The word for year 2007 - this would be a year of new beginnings. No trials this year will take our God for surprise, and He has gone on ahead of us.

It is also the final lesson on Secrets in the Hebrew words, and today's on Wealth and keys to Prosperity.

Deuteronomy 18:4 - The firstfruits of your grain and your new wine and your oil, and the first first of the fleece of your sheep, you shall give him.

Roman 11:16 - For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

Christ is the measure of our health, wealth, prosperity etc..... how we see Christ is how we measure our well-being. And, our trust is on the one, who is a certain source of provision - Jesus.

Hebrew 7:8 - Here mortal men receive them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives.

And interestingly, Paster also touched on the first verse in the old testament, "In the beginning...." - barashiyt (בראשית), and I had came across this word just a couple of days ago.

בראשית - in the beginning
בר - bar (son)
אש - ashi (head)
ית - yt (hand/power of the cross)

ראשית - firstfruit

מעשר - tithe
עשר - wealth
ע - eye, ש - Shaddai, ר - leader : when your eyes see God as the leader.

Money - literally translated as "silver blood" - the blood of Jesus is currency of heaven. Learn to plead the blood of Jesus for everything we ask. Our sins are forgiven because of Christ is crucified on the cross. The blood which Jesus had shed, purchased for us all our blessings.

One thing that Pastor always does, is that on all subjects, he will always point us back to Jesus. So, even on the study of wealth and prosperity, Jesus is still revealed clearly to us. I really thank God for the teacher that Pastor is. Jesus is always glorified in his messages. And our faith is made stronger and stronger by his teaching!

WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE IN ME

Let the weak say I am strong,
Let the poor say I am rich,
Let the blind say I can see,
It's what the Lord has done in me.

Let the weak say I am strong,
Let the poor say I am rich,
Let the blind say I can see,
It's what the Lord has done in me.

Hosanna, hosanna,
To the Lamb that was slain!
Hosanna, hosanna,
Jesus died and rose again!

Into the river I will wade,
There my sins are washed away,
From the heaven's mercy stream,
Of the Savior's love for me.

I will rise from waters deep,
Into the saving arms of God!
I will sing salvation songs,
Jesus Christ has set me free!

~ Reuben Morgan/Hillsong Music Australia.

No comments: