Sunday, January 7, 2007

Cultivate His presence....

Jehovah Jireh - The Lord Provider;
Jehovah Raffa - The Lord Healer;

A new insight into the names that God introduces Himself to the people of Israel. For us, our faith is not a formula or receipe on what to do and what to avoid in order to experience God. Ours is the experience of a person in our lives - Jesus.

1 Corinthians 1:30 - But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God - and righteousness and sanctification and redemption...

Became for us.... our wisdom, He is our wisdom, He in us. Our righteousness, He is our righteousness, a person not dependent upon ourselves, He in us. Our sanctification, our redemption, He in us. Our all.... our prosperity, our healing, our health, our peace..... He is.

And He is unchanging... unchanging yesterday, 2000 years ago and even beyong; unchanging even today, now,.... very real now; unchanging even unto tomorrow, unchanging....... what He is, He will always be. Jehovah Jireh, Jehovah Raffa, Jehovah.... the God of 'I am who I am'.

1 Sam 15:29 - And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor relent. For He is not a man that He should relent.

For He is a person! Learn to cultivate the Lord's presence in our everyday life. Like David in the wilderness, he talks with his Jehovah, he sings to his Jehovah.

Choose life....

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 - .... that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendents may live; that you may love the Lord your God, and that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life, and the length of your days;.....

Jesus said, 'I am the resurrection and the life.'

And God's presence gives rest.

Exodus 33:14 - And He said, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

Jesus said. 'Come unto me and I will rest you.'

Cultivate His presence daily, and there will be neither adversary nor evil occurence.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not concur on it. I assume nice post. Expressly the designation attracted me to study the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.