Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Kai nian fan....

First day of the Lunar New Year passed all too quickly. Eldest cousin and his wife was at mum's place even before me. The other cousins and their family came later on. Even one of the cousin's daughter came by with her husband. Good that most of them came by on the first day. That will leave us free for the rest of the holidays.

Traditionally, my family also celebrates the second day of the Lunar New Year with another get-together lunch (kai nian fan). This time my sister and her family is joining us for the lunch. Still gave my nieces and nephews their 'big' angpows. Afterall, it's an only once a year affair. Looking at the sumptuous spread, I think it's time for mum to retire and rest from all these cooking. Don't you think the food looks yummy? :)

No comments: